Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sometimes I do things...

... that are crazy.

The most recent, or rather the most apparent (to myself, anyways), is my habit of waking up at 6:00am and exercising every morning. Perhaps "habit" is too strong. The moderately often occurrence..? That's better.

It all started when my good friend Henry Taylor made a New Year's Resolution to go running every morning. I asked if I could tag along and he kindly allowed it. Then he got a job for which he had to commute every morning and he stopped running with me, but I kept going by myself and have continued to this very day. But here's the deal: sometimes running is borring. It's true. I said it, ok?

So on Monday, when my co-worker and friend, Tabitha, invited me to play basketball with her the following morning (today), I jumped at the chance. Upon walking into the gym at the Richard's building, we found 5 or 6 guys shooting some hoops at one of the baskets so we went to the far hoop and started playing around. Eventually they came over and asked if we wanted to play a game with them and we said that we would love to so we divided into groups and started the game. I was a little nervous because I haven't played basketball since I was a freshman in high school. These feelings quickly left as I made the first basket, and then the next, and the next. In fact, I was the only person on my team to score any points. It was AWESOME! This could be on account of the fact that Tabitha is significantly shorter than myself or that the guys we were playing with are not very good. Attribute it to what you will, but I'm going to go with skill. Pure skill.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! For running!!! And I will agree with you---its does it kinda boring. Way to go on the b-ball game! :)

    ReplyDelete