Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Cake of Disappointment

Ok. First of all, I apologize for not writing since the terrible toe incident... I have been sort of busy. Second of all, I apologize for this outrageously long post, but it has to be this way. Anyways... here is a story:

Alexis and I are in a class together and it is called 'The History of Creativity'. This class has the potential of being interesting, but in reality, it really, really is just terrible. At the end of the semester, there is a big project that we have to do. The guidelines are basically to do something creative and turn it in. That's pretty much it.

Lex and I decide to make a cake. So we got permission to do our project together and we started working on it Tuesday, March 31 (because it is due Thursday). So we baked all the cakes Tuesday and decided we would do everything else on Wednesday.

Wednesday comes and we are super excited for this cake. We decide to make a cake in neo-classical style. We found a picture of some building in Russia for our inspiration. We skipped our film class and Lexi skipped work so we could go out and buy all the things that we needed. Which included going to the Wal-mart in Springville, where we got lost for at least 1.5 hours. It was terrible. But we finally got everything we needed and we went back to our apartment, where immediately we realized we did not, in fact, get everything we needed. So Lex went and bought everything we forgot, while I started making the cake.


Alexis and I worked on that cake from 1:00 pm Wednesday afternoon, until 7:00 am Thursday morning. Non stop. (Lex had to go to class for an hour, but other than that, non stop) We FINALLY get done and we are both super tired. I decide I am going to go to sleep for an hour and then get ready to go at 8:00 (because our project is due at 9:00), but Lex says she will just be more sleepy if she sleeps, so she is going to stay awake. I go to bed, while Lexi gets in the shower and as I am in bed, I realize that I left both my phone and my watch upstairs(these are my only alarm clocks). So I decide that since Lex is staying awake, surely she will wake me up at 8:00. So I go to sleep.

Some time later, I wake up and look over towards Lexi's bed, out of habit, I guess. And she is asleep in her bed!! So I run upstairs and look at the clock and it's 10:00 am!! So I race back downstairs, wake Lex and tell her that we have to leave NOW. So we hurry and change our clothes and stuff and get the cake in the car. We go to the Crabtree building, which conveniently has parking right by it but inconveniently, it is all for faculty and staff.

After what seems like an ETERNITY trying to find somewhere to park, I tell Lex to just stay in the car while I carry the massive thing into the building. As I am carrying it towards the building, I realize that the usual tables are not set up and there are no other projects. Before I even get to the building, I turn around and go back to the car. Lex and I decide that it must be somewhere else this year... maybe the Wilkinson Building..? Finally one of the 15 min. parking spots opens up and we go inside to see if there is anything that we can see that would hint to maybe a large creativity fair taking place - nothing.

We go downstairs to the computer lab and look online at the syllabus where there is no information that would be remotely helpful. So we find the calendar of assignments and we are looking for "creativity day".

Suddenly, I hear, " Oh no. No. No way."

"what is it?!"

Alexis points to the screen

I look at where her finger is touching the text of the calendar.

It says:

"Creativity day...... April 9"

In the middle of the dead silent computer lab, Alexis and I moan in our disappointment, disgust, sadness, and stupidity. How could this happen?!

So we sulk back to our apartment. Alexis has to go to work and I go to my bed trying to forget the entire incident.

And that's the story of...

"The Cake Of Disappointment"

1 comment:

  1. hilarious. Were you looking at the 'silly'bus before? (duh-dum, dah...)

    ReplyDelete